Mix the best of your game with A-Games Lacrosse Conditioning & Skills Training. Coordinated by A-Game’s Physical Strength Director Matthew Berni and Lacrosse Instructor Dominic Darcangelo, train to be the best on the field by training the hardest off the field. Build raw power and strength through our 8-10 week program including the following conditioning:
- Neural Prep/ Speed development: Learn correct running techniques & lateral movements
- Athletic Development: Learn how to jump and land correctly for optimal shooting velocity
- Strength Training: Learn fundamental workout techniques to improve overall & longterm health
- Conditioning: Develop aerobic foundations to stay at the top of your game, all game
Complement your power with lacrosse specific dodging and shooting drills designed around an offensive mindset. Build your alley dodge ability, develop consistency, and deliver with every rep.
- Dodging Proficiency from Midfield and Attack
- Work on Alley Dodging, Question Marks, Jump Shots and more to build your offensive attacking capability.
- Moving with and without the Ball
- Understand the locations of the field that will set your athlete up for success.
- Shot Placement
- Target shooting, shot selection, and proper hand placement that help develop consistency.
- When and Where to Shoot
- The game is all about timing and placement. Get in the routine of entering a zone and releasing the ball for maximum results.
Players will train two times per week, once for Strength & Conditioning and once for Lax Skills Training.
Meet The Instructors:
Dominic Darcangelo will be coaching the lacrosse aspect of this program while Matt Berni will be coaching the strength and conditioning portions.
Dominic Darcangelo started his lacrosse career at C.W. Baker High School, Baldwinsville, in Upstate New York, where he participated in three years of varsity lacrosse and was the 2010 Men’s Varsity Lacrosse Captain his senior year. An offensive midfielder and face-off specialist, Dominic was selected for the Section III All-Star North-South Game, where he dominated at the face-off X. He continued his lacrosse career for the Red Dragons at the State University of New York at Cortland. In 2011, Dominic and the Red Dragons traveled to Gillette Stadium in Foxborough to compete for the NCAA Division 3 National Championship.
He continued his love for lacrosse after college, coaching for the Upstate Lacrosse Association, United CNY, a highly scouted travel organization, as well as assisting the Baldwinsville Men’s Lacrosse program in the off-season. Dominic continued his passion in sharing his love for lacrosse by founding Lax Hour, a lacrosse instruction and developmental program for athletes looking to improve in dodging, speed, shooting, face-offs, and lacrosse knowledge. Darcangelo recently worked for Cascade/Maverik in Upstate New York.
Matt Berni is a certified Strength and Conditioning Coach through the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA). Matt’s passion for strength & conditioning started during his football career where he played at Iona Prep High School and was a team captain for the Gaels. He also earned the CHSFL All-League First Team Defense Award, and was elected to play in the CHSFL All-Star Senior Bowl Game.
Matt moved on to receive his master’s degree in Exercise and Sport Science from Merrimack College. During his time at Merrimack, Matt designed and implemented year-long Strength and Conditioning programs for the D-II National Runner-Up Men’s Lacrosse team, as well as the Women’s Tennis Program. Matt’s love for sports and fitness, combined with his desire to help athletes optimize performance, make him uniquely qualified to help anyone achieve their personal goals.